Thursday, June 2, 2011

A little about me and the reason I decided to blog.....



My blog name was derived from an Ani Defranco song/poem that has always really moved me, and almost defines me, in a way.  

I am a 34 year old mother of two beautiful little girls (ages 6 and almost 19 months).  I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, currently I am a Reports Analyst, with a passion for writing, photography, cake decorating and throwing wonderful parties for my girls. 

I have been inspired to begin a blog for my children from many, so they can one day read my love and passion for them.  I will journal their milestones and experiences, along with my thoughts on many things I'm sure. 

I'm also engaged to the father of my children, just one reason I love him so...he's a wonderful man, with his many quirks that get under my skin, but I embrace them, and adore him.  He's a wonderful father that is full of love for his three girls (he has an older daughter, age 15, that was recently diagnosed with Chron's  disease).  He's a wonderful caring man, that would give someone the shirt off his back. 

I have the best mother God could have given me, I will never be able to vocalize or show her the love and gratitude I harbor for her, she is truly a gift.  I also have two older brothers that have helped mold me into the person I am today.

So....on to my girls....my heart outside my body....

Kenya (my almost 19 month old) is growing too quickly....and is currently recovering from a nasty little cold that caused her extreme discomfort and a fever....and in doing so is now bellowing "up Mommy!" when she wants in my arms.  Oh, her dear soul, how I love her.

And little princess Jada (my 6 year old)....she astonishes me daily with her intelligence and sweet soul.  She sat last night, as she played her game, with her arm around her sister's shoulder, knowing the unconditional love Kenya harbors for her.  While sitting with Kenya, going over animal sounds with her, teaching her, with an enormous amount of love and patience.  I adore that little girl. 

And, an admission, I'm addicted to and obsessed with the Iced Mocha Coffee from 7-11 currently, so, please bear with me as I may rattle off frequently due to caffeine overload! 

In a nutshell, this is me and my life...maybe plain and boring to some, but mine nonetheless. 

So, I leave you with a photo of the three people that, in the last 7 years, have stolen my heart from inside my body......


No comments:

Post a Comment